Saturday, October 15, 2011

#4 Visiting My Community Coordinator


I visited my Community Coordinater, Heather, on the fifth floor of Hickerson Hall. She was very open and eager to answer my questions and strongly encouraged that I try to become a CC or RA if ever I am interested because it is very rewarding. She told me that in order to apply to become a CC I must meet the following qualifications: Completion of 2 Reference Request forms - one from a Residence Life Hall Director/Graduate Intern and one from a previous employer/an advisor/faculty member, lived a minimum of 1 semester on campus at SCSU, undergraduate students must have a 2.5 GPA, graduate students must have a 2.7 GPA, undergraduate students must have a minimum of 12 SCSU credits at the time of application and 24 credits at the time of employment, and graduate Students must have a minimum of 6 SCSU graduate credits at the time of application or 12 SCSU undergraduate credits. She told me that the best perk of being a CC is definitely getting her own room and huge bed. She also said that it pays off, because after all of the training, everyone is pretty close and familiar with the hall director or graduate intern and that usually helps with getting hired for a job in the residence hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment