Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Project in My Time

Big projects like our video project require a lot of time management and organization. Here is a tentative plan I have outlined for this project:

A) Brainstorming - I think roughly one hour is a good amount of time to set aside for brainstorming, scheduling interviews, and coming up with a plan.
B) Interviewing - I think that about thirty minutes should be set aside for each interview, multiply that times the six interviews and I have three hours that should be set aside to get all of my interviews done.
C) Gathering other materials like articles, quotes, facts, photos, music, etc - I think putting all of these little details into my video is important and helps tie everything together and makes it more entertaining as well, therefore I think two hours is a reasonable amount of time I should have set aside for this.
D) Transferring all of my materials to my computer - I understand how to transfer all of my materials, but with that I also know that it can take a while, therefore I think one hour is a reasonable amount of time to give myself to get this done.
E) Learning to use the video software - I am not too familiar with iMovie, I know a lot of the basics but some of the editing I am going to need help with, therefore I think I should give myself one hour to watch tutorials and fool around with iMovie a little more to make sure I am comfortable using it.
F) Making the video, troubleshooting - I think that putting together and making this movie is definitely going to be the longest part of this whole process, therefore I think I should give myself three hours to do so.
G) Editing - I think editing is definitely going to take about two hours so that I can try and make my video really look its best.
H) Other time - I am definitely going to put about two hours extra aside into my schedule incase I run into any errors, etc. that lead me to need more time than the time I put aside

I think so far I have definitely used my time wisely, I only have a couple more interviews to go, and then I just have some editing to do. Something I could have done differently for a better result is that I could have spread my interviews out a little bit instead of having done four in one day so that I would have had more time to cut each one and not stressed so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment