Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Stress Relief

This week in order to relieve my stress and tension, I decided to go to a yoga class. I used to take a yoga class in high school and I always found that I felt so relaxed and calm afterwards, it was as if I worked away my stress and worries. Yoga is offered several times a week, every Monday from 5:00-6:00p.m. is vinyasa yoga, every Wednesday from 6:00-6:45p.m. is a yoga core meltdown class, and every Friday from 12:30-1:15 is a beginners yoga class. I went to the beginners class on Friday afternoon. I loved it, I thought it is such a good thing to do when you need a break from the usual grind and non-stop work. I was worried before I went though because I thought I would not have enough time to get all my day's work done if I went to the class. After stressing about it for a while, I decided to make myself a schedule for the day, that way I knew I would have a time period to get each item done on my to-do list. I was also sure to give myself ample time because you never know how long an assignment may actually take you. During yoga that day I found not only that I melted stress away, but that I was not thinking about my homework and the rest of my day throughout the whole exercise because I knew I had time to get everything done. I have also found in the past that along with regular exercise, eating well and being kind to your body melts stress away and gives you more energy. Below is a link to the weekly schedule for exercise classes at the gym in the Adanti Student Center - and they are free with a gym membership!
https://www.southernct.edu/fitnesscenter/uploads/textWidget/wysiwyg/documents/Fall_2011_Group_Ex._Schedule10.1.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment