Saturday, September 10, 2011

#3 My Trip to the Granoff Health Center

 For my first campus safari assignment, I decided to do #3 on our list and go to the student Health Center on campus. I got a ton of pamphlets and information that I had no idea about before. Did you know that the Health Center offers flu shots for students every year? I was relieved to hear that because that will save me a trip home to my doctor this fall. The Health Center not only offers flu shots, they offer many other tests, etc. that people commonly think they can only go to their doctor for, such as blood pressure screenings, blood work, to get a perscription filled, pay a visit to the nutritionist if you need help with figuring out how and what you can or should eat on campus, visit a counselor if you are having any sort of stress or troubles, pick up condoms and other methods of protection that ensure safe sex for free, get free STD testing, get a pregnancy test,  have a consultation with a doctor, or make an appointment when you are sick, and much, much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment