Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Connecting Readings

I read an article called "Change Course" that discusses college and how it is not what anyone expects. People set so many expectations when going to college, they think it is going to be all the great things that they have seen on television and in the movies, heard from friends and family, and read about. In some ways it is those great things, but in other ways it is not. My best advice would be to not set high expectations for collge because it could let you down. It is very important to go into anything, especially college, with an open mind. The author of this article, Steven Weinberg, talks a lot about how not every one leaves college as the next smartest person, but whether or not you grow wise, you will take away from it so many important memories, experiences, life lessons, and leave an extremely well rounded person. I think more important than doing well academically in college, its important to gain all these new life experiences, ultimately it will make you the wise person you want to be and it will make you a stronger, better decision maker, and all around better person.
Another article I read was called "My Crush on DNA", this article discusses the importance of looking at the future you. Nancy Hopkins, the author of this article, says that you should look at where you see your self down the road and based on that set goals for yourself that will help you get there. She says to fall in love with the future you and make sure you like what you see yourself doing in the future. However, she also stresses that it is more than okay to change your mind, not just once but multiple times. I think chances are that more than likely people will change their mind, and that is okay. With changing your mind about the future you comes changing your vision of the future you. I think sometimes people are afraid to change their mind because they feel like they are letting themselves down and they are afraid to change their vision because they loved their original vision of themself. I enjoyed this article because it made me realize that if I ever change my mind it is more than okay because I originally had nerves about this and thought I could not change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment