Monday, September 19, 2011

Blogging on Blogging

In search of reading some professional blogs, I decided to type "Health Blogs" into my search engine. I searched this because I am very interested in the Health field, I am a Nursing major and thinking about minoring in Public Health Nutrition, therefore I thought a Health blog might hold some interesting food for thought for me.
The first blog I found was a blog called "Study shows 19 percent of young adults have high blood pressure" by HealthBlogs. It talks about high blood pressure and how it relates to stress, as well as the types of people and studies they did relating to high blood pressure. The blog has an presentation that reminds me of a newspaper article. This blog interests me a lot because the writer is giving information that is interesting and helpful to me, the writer is stating actual facts and talking about actual studies conducted and not just writing an opinionated blog post. Someone else interested in Health and Health Sciences I think would definitely find this blog interesting, I would definitely recommend anyone interested in this subject read this.
The second blog I found was a blog called "From Harvard, a Different Take on a Healthy Plate" by Katherine Hobson. This blog is all about the new food plate, which has replaced the food pyramid. Harvard has created their own version of the new food plate because the food plate is very basic and really does not teach people how to eat well. The Harvard food plates gives specifics on what to and not to eat in each food group. This blog caught my attention right away when I saw it because of the engaging picture at the top of it. This blog interested me a lot because it is controversial and makes you think a lot about how you eat versus what you should eat and gives you the opportunity to agree or disagree. I think others would definitely find this article interesting because it will allow them to reflect on their own diet and possibly learn a thing or two. I would definitely recommend that anyone read this blog!

Blog 1: http://healthblogs.org/2011/05/27/study-shows-19-percent-of-young-adults-have-high-blood-pressure/

Blog 2: http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2011/09/14/from-harvard-a-different-take-on-a-healthy-plate/

No comments:

Post a Comment