Tuesday, September 6, 2011
How I am feeling about my first semester at SCSU
College to me is sort of like extra credit. It is optional, it is tough, but in the end it pays off. Those ambitious enough go to college, some choose other ways to start their life as a young adult, and others think they are making the right choice for them by not going to college now but in the end, a lot of the time, they regret this decision. Going to college accomplishes a lot. It is what you have to do to even be considered to work in most job fields, and it is in most cases what you have to do to make you future dreams a reality. Academically, socially, and personally, altogether being a college student means independence to me. I am on my own academically - free to decide when to start my homework, how to manage my time, and if I'm going to go to class. I am on my own socially - free to make my own choices, and decide who is the right crowd to hang out with and who is not. I am on my own personally - free to decide when I want to come home and go to bed, clean up after myself, and what I want to do with my day and my time. Goals I have for myself would be to get all my work done independently and work for good grades. Expectations I have for my classes this year are for my professors to be clear on what they expect in specific assignments and for them to be there for me to go to if I am struggling and need extra help. Questions I have include: Will I be able to do this? How difficult is it going to be on my own? Will I make the right friends? Am I doing the right thing by being here? All questions only the future can answer. I just have to take things day by day at my own pace. A big concern I have is that I might realize this is not where I want to be and this is not what I want to do too late in the game. An impression I have of Southern so far, from speaking to other students, is that its a really long, hard road and you have to work really hard and know how hard you can work in order to reach the finish line. My biggest aspiration would be to just do extremely well in all my classes, work my hardest, reach my dreams and finish school. The following is a link to an interesting article about whether college is for everyone or not: Is College for Everyone? only you can decide for yourself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment