I thought for a long time about what I could possibly ask my peers that would lead to an interesting conversation that would really get people talking and that I could write enough about. After a lot of deliberation I finally realized that I kept thinking about something we discussed in inquiry as well as another class of mine, I had not even considered it as an option, but I realized if I thought about it a lot, then my peers probably had just as many thoughts and could talk a lot about it. So, that was it, my question was, do you find getting your homework done early (the day it is assigned, or well in advance to the due date) leads you to be more successful in your studies? In my opinion, I definitely find that I work harder and therefore recieve better grades on my assignments when I get my work done early. My peers and I all agreed that it is very easy and very tempting to avoid your assignments and push them off to be done at a later time. However a couple of them said that although that is easy to push it off and take some free time, they do not enjoy their free time because it is spent stressing over all of the work they later have to do. A couple other peers said that they do not think or worry about their homework until it gets late and it is time to finally settle down and do the work. I found that the majority of them are like me in that they always try to get the bulk of their work done early on so that they have free time to enjoy later on, and it is always stress-free and very rewarding. There seems to be a very accomplished feeling or feeling of success that comes with getting your work done. However what I found was strange was that only one peer agreed with me in that you do better work and put more time into your work when you give yourself more time and start working earlier. I also found out some tactics my friends use to motivate them to get their work done earlier, such tactics include making a checklist so that you can cross off items once you finish them and so that you are more organized, putting up post-it notes and ripping them off once you finish each item - another meathod that helps you stay organized too, turning off or unplugging the internet on your computer so that you are not distracted by social networking sites, etc. All are interesting tactics and I know are all very helpful because I have tried each of them since I heard about them. So ask yourself, when do you get your best work done? Below I have attached and article that talks about a study done on the best tips for effective studying.
http://psychology.about.com/b/2011/09/26/overhaul-your-psychology-study-habits-with-these-tips.htm
No comments:
Post a Comment