Saturday, September 24, 2011
#9 The Club Fair!
On Wednesday, September 21st I attended SCSU's annual club fair. There was so much there, I would have to say that there was around 100 clubs there showing off what they are all about, there were fraternities and sororities there too, and pleanty of activities. There was a dj playing music, there were free t-shirts and hats being thrown out, there was an ice cream truck, a fried dough station, a hot dog station, a pretzel station, even the coca-cola company was there trying to promote recycling and giving out a free beverage coozie to everyone who recycled a bottle. It was awesome! One club I got information on and am very interested in joining is the Health Club! They are an organization that works on preventing, promoting, and protecting the well-being of SCSU students. They also go into local communities and promote healthy habits and teach a little about what it means to be healthy and why it is so important! The health club meets every other Monday in room #229 in the Student Center from 2:15-3:15. Unfortunately I have a 2:00p.m. class every Monday but I am hoping I can contact a club member or leader and still be involved somehow! Another club I got information on that is interesting to me is the Colleges Against Cancer Club (C.A.C.)! They do exciting events and fundraisers to raise money for cancer research and cancer patients. Events include: Zumba Pink on October 17, Homecoming Parade on October 29, and Relay for Life in the spring, just to name a few. C.A.C. meets every Monday in the Resource Room in the Student Center at 1:00p.m. I am so excited to check out these new clubs and see what Southern has to offer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment