Monday, September 5, 2011

Getting to know me

 FAMILY. My family is  more important to me than anything else in the world. Family to me, means a group of immediate relatives living under one roof. It also means a group of people you can go home to, talk to, relate to, bond with, love, trust, laugh with, fight with, have fun with, hang out with, and at the end of the day, be yourself with. They relate to who I am entirely, they shaped who I am today and who they are, what they do, and how they act all reflects me. My family is so important to me because they are my social outlet, they are the ones I talk to when I have had a long day or just when I feel like talking. I know that they love me unconditionally as I do them, and they they are always here for me and have my back no matter what. 
 DETERMINED. I am an extremely determined person. Being determined to me means someone who is very hard-headed, knows what they want, and will go that extra mile to achieve their goals. Determination relates to me because I am a hard worker, I never quit my goals, I go as far as the road will take me and I never give up. I believe I can do whatever I set out to and I know that obstacles in the road are exactly that - obstacles in the road, and I will not let them stop or control me. It is very important for me to be and remain determined because if I ever lose hope or faith or give up for even a second, I do not think I will ever be able to make it. I have been through a lot and I know enough now to not let anyone get to me or tear me down. Staying determined and keeping on track are a big part of what keeps me going. 
 CARING. I am a very caring person. Being caring to me comes naturally, however I have found that it is difficult to maintain, with being a caring person comes a lot of patience. A caring person to me is someone who looks after and looks out for others, someone who is there for them no matter what, someone who is a good listener and gives good advice, and someone who is sympathetic. Being caring relates to me because I believe I am a very caring person, I give great advice and am a great listener, I have been through a lot in my eighteen years here and have learned a lot from it. I am very compassionate torwards others and am willing to give everyone a chance. I care for my animals, my family, and friends, they all mean the world to me. If something is wrong with any of them, I am there, their hurt is my hurt and I am there for them 100%. I am a great listener and am open to hearing anything anyone wants to discuss or get off their chest. Being caring is important to me because it is all a part of being a good friend. If you are not caring torwards another, how can you expect them to care about you?
 FUN. I think it is so important to be a fun person. Being care free and a fun person is such a healthy and vital part of life. It is not all of life, and all you should be, but if you are always up-tight and serious, you probably are not living life to its fullest and in the end you will have a life full of regret. Fun to me is having a good time, letting go, letting your worries wash away, and enjoying yourself. Fun relates to me in that I find a little time for fun each and everyday. Fun is not going out and pleasing other people, or putting a smile on your face and trying to fit a certain image. No, fun is whatever you enjoy. For me sometimes its just a little 'me time', like reading for pleasure or going on a walk to clear my mind, or sometimes fun is going out with friends or a big family dinner. Fun is different for everyone. Having fun is so important to me because without a little fun or enjoyment in life, what are you living for?
 INDEPENDENT. At this point in my life, being independent is crucial. I am on my own now. No more going to mom and dad when something goes wrong, no more running home when things aren't going my way, no more crying to anyone when I think a teacher is being unfair, etc. It's just me. I am so glad my parents started teaching me about independence early on. I was never a spoiled child, things were never just given to me, I was told to work out my own issues and find a solution, and I was always to pick up after myself. All things that have better helped shape the person I am today. These things never really bothered me, it always made me feel a little more mature and more useful than some of my peers. Over the past few years I would have to say that I really enjoyed working for and making my own money, it makes me happy and I feel very responsible. Being independent is so important to me because I have seen kids who were babied their whole lives up to this point and are now thrown into college and are completely helpless with no idea what to do, I am glad to say I am not one of those kids and I love my parents for teaching me how to take care of myself. Because of my being independent and prepared today, I feel as though I am one step ahead of those other kids and I am happy for how I was brought up. 





No comments:

Post a Comment